It is no secret that Outlook is one of the most popular email servers out there, with over a billion users online. Some of the features of Outlook make it a popular one, especially the fact that it integrates smoothly with other Microsoft programs.
Besides those features, Outlook also has some downhills, forcing some users to find alternatives or find a better option rather than Outlook. Some of the common complaints about Outlook are how complex and difficult it is to change or recover your password, lack of some popular features such as task management, and calendar overload.
Additionally, Outlook is a part of the Microsoft Office software package, and this means you will need to pay to use Outlook. If the only software you need is Outlook and you are not using other ones frequently, it might be too costly for you. Given all those disadvantages, it is quite understandable to search for an Outlook alternative. And thankfully, there are other alternatives you can use instead of Outlook if you are not happy with the way it works.
Hot Outlook Alternatives that You Can Use in 2022
Today, we are here to share with you 8 Outlook alternatives that can overrun the disadvantages of Outlook and can give you a better emailing experience. Without further ado, let’s get started!
The first alternative we will mention is Gmail, another pioneer email service. Of course, there are points where Outlook can overrun Gmail, but when you look at it as a whole, you will see that Gmail is the winner – in many areas. The following are some features of Gmail that makes it a great alternative for Outlook:
- Gmail is completely free to use
- Gmail’s interface is a lot cleaner and simple in comparison to Outlook.
- It is quite easy to understand how Gmail works and learn all the necessary tools.
- Customer support for Gmail is well-developped.
- You can integrate Google to many different apps, while you can integrate Outlook mainly to Microsoft Office applications.
Besides the comparison of Gmail with Outlook, the following are some of Gmail’s features that might help you decide to see if it’s a good alternative or not.
- You can automatically filter or categorize your emails
- High priority notifications
- Intelligent search and assistive writing suggestions
- Bills due reminder
- You can enable desktop notifications
Lastly, if you own a business, you can prefer the Google Workspace option, which is a paid option, yet it’s perfectly optimized for businesses’ needs.
Mailbird is one of the most popular Outlook alternatives out there. The service is known for being extra user-friendly with its interface and features, which is an important factor for every user out there. Additionally, Mailbird is not designed solely for being an email service, but it can be described as a system to communicate professionally and daily.
One downside of Mailbird might be the fact that it comes with a price, but so does Outlook, and Mailbird’s price is lower than Outlook’s. The following are some of the features of Mailbird:
- Sophisticated and easy to use interface
- Email snoozing
- Strong app integrations, including but not limited to Google Calendar, Excel, Twitter, and WhatsApp.
- Customizable layout
- Unified inbox (you can add more than one email service to your Mailbird account, getting them all to one place)
- Fast to use
- You can still integrate with other Microsoft Office applications, but you will have more benefits than you were getting in Outlook.
Postbox is an email service specially designed for businesses. If you own a business, you know the struggle of keeping your emails organized and efficient. To resolve it, you might want to choose a service specializing in serving businesses, like Postbox. Postbox is known for being efficient and straightforward in the meantime. The following are some of the features of Postbox which makes it an excellent alternative for Outlook:
- Ability to include dynamic data fields to add emails and templates
- Resizing an image to include in messages and emails
- Additional image effects (you can edit images with simple tools like flip, rotate, frames, and shadows)
- Ability to integrate with lots of different apps, including but not limited to Slack, WhatsApp, and Evernote.
- Quick replying
- Email templates (if you need a specific kind of email but you do not know how a professional one looks like, you can have an idea with the templates present in Postbox)
- Email signatures
- Searching and documenting images
This one goes to Mac users who haven’t been able to find the perfect alternative for Outlook. Sometimes life can look easier for Windows users, but not this time. Spark is a third-party email service known for its simple and effective interface and use.
The features in Spark are beyond useful, meeting all the needs that an email service can ever give to you. Moreover, it is safe to say that you can do everything in Outlook in Spark, so you are not missing out on the good features. The following are some of Spark’s features:
- Free for personal use
- Clean and easy use
- Schedule delivery
- Email reminders
- Task management
- Smart inbox feature (automatically separating and categorizing your mails)
- An innovative notifying feature that will only send you a notification if the email is essential for you to
- Send later feature
Another famous Outlook alternative comes from Mozilla. Thunderbird is an open-source project of Mozilla, and it is cross-platform. The outstanding features of Thunderbird make it an excellent alternative for Outlook; for whatever reason, you might want to find an alternative for it. Besides, it is entirely free to use. The highly customizable nature of Thunderbird makes it an excellent option both for personal use and business. The following are some of the features of Thunderbird that you might want to know:
- One-click address book
- Email filtering
- Attachment reminders
- Strong security preventions
- Spam filtering
- Tabbed email (keeping multiple emails open)
- Customized mail experience
6. Apple Mail
Apple Mail, or just “Mail,” as Apple users will know, offers a well-developed and well-designed email experience to its users. The interface is a typical Apple product, which highlights simplicity and efficiency as the first step. Indeed, it is quite easy to understand Apple Mail and use it on your daily email necessities and tasks.
In fact, some argue that Apple Mail is “too simple.” This can be a good thing, especially if you only need to see who mailed you and respond to them in the easiest possible way. The following are some of Apple Mail features that you may find beneficial:
- Mute conversations
- Reduce junk mail
- Using mail information to match it with other applications. For example, if you got an email that includes a date and an event, Apple Mail would add it to your calendar
- You can use Siri if you are an iPhone user to use Apple Mail
- Shake to recover deleted messages (for iPhone)
- Getting alerts for possible threats such as viruses and spams
- Enhance your storage
- Enable or disable image preview
- Customize your mail experience with mail rules
Mailspring is another popular Outlook alternative known for its outstanding features that we are not familiar with in other email services. You can use Mailspring in Mac, Windows, and Linux, which creates an accessible environment for different types of device users out there. The following are some of Mailspring’s features that you might find helpful:
- You can undo a sent email. In other words, you can delete a sent email from the receiver
- You can get read notifications from the mails you sent
- You have the chance to use Mailspring in nine different languages
- You will be able to get touch and gesture support.
- Quick signature feature.
- Translation feature (English to other languages)
- Making spell checks for various languages
Another alternative you can use instead of Outlook is RingCentral, which isn’t even an email service, but it makes a great alternative. Basically, the point of RingCentral is to “communicate in a modern way.” As you can understand, RingCentral has an email service, but it was not solely designed for it. There are many different features of RingCentral, which can be listed as follows:
- You have other options rather than emailing to communicate, including instant messaging, video meetings, screen sharing, and phone calls. You will not need any other application to perform all of those; RingCentral includes every service.
- You can integrate RingCentral with lots of other applications and tools.
- The security in RingCentral is taken very seriously, so your data will be protected.
It might be overwhelming to use a different application for different forms of communication in the online environment. RingCentral brings all kinds of different means of communication into one application, making things easier for everyone using it, whether for work or just communicating with others.
What is the best free alternative to Outlook?
How much does Mailbird cost?
What is the best free email program for Windows 10?
What is the easiest email program to use?
Originally posted on November 26, 2021 @ 7:15 pm