Are you tired of missing deadlines, too much stress, and less freedom and productivity? Time management can let you have a more peaceful life while you are having higher productivity. Especially in recent years, freelancers tend to focus on time management to have more energy for every activity and responsibility in their lives. Not only for freelancers but also everyone, time management has great importance. If you are feeling that time is not enough for you, you need to learn how to manage 168 hours a week. In the effective guide that we prepared for you, you will be able to learn how to manage time, why time management is required, and some tips which may make your life easier at the same time. Are you ready to have more freedom and less stress? Let’s look at things that let you enjoy life and raise productivity.
Why Is a Good Time Management Skill Important?
You may have noticed that lots of freelancers, students, or working people started to have “To-Do” lists to manage time because time management is required for everyone. While students can manage time for studying and projects to spare more personal time for themselves, freelancers, those who are working from home or offices create lists for themselves to manage time. The answer is extremely obvious for the importance of time management. As much as you procrastinate and are not able to manage the time, you will not be able to have satisfying results in the determined time. We listed some of the reasons why good time management skills are important below.
When you do not pay attention to time management, you might have trouble delivering the work on time. Most freelancers, students, working people at offices and from home are not able to determine the time of the duration of the projects or works that they are responsible for. Time management will help you to determine the time that you will need and manage it at the same time. If you are thinking of troubles that you might have during the project, you can specify the time that you need before the deadline and during the week as well. In this way, you will not need to think about delivering the work on time and have to complete it at the last minute. You can find more detailed information about how to do it easily in the following part where we shared helpful tips for you to manage time more effectively.
Stress gets in the way of clear thinking and is unhealthy for your physical and mental health. So, reducing stress levels is crucial for everyone. If you are not able to manage time, you may feel that you do not have enough time in a week although you have 168 hours to spend. When you do not manage the time wisely, you’ll directly get more stressed as deadlines get tighter. On the other hand, if you learn to manage time, you’ll be organized and at peace.
Having more Freedom and Personal Time
If we plan your working time, studying time or other required things that you have, you will be able to spend time for yourself, your family and friends, free time activities and you are going to have more freedom at the same time. As we mentioned above, while you will be able to reduce stress, you will enjoy life more than before because you will not have something to think about when you know what time you need for the requirements. If you would like to have more freedom, you need to learn how to manage time and it does not matter what you do in life. Time management will make your life easier than before.
Increasing Performance & Productivity
Time management has an effect directly on performance and productivity. If you do not have a planned week, you will never be ready to finish your obligations and tasks. Not only for working people who need to deliver the work but also for students who need to study or deliver a vital project for them. If you have a planned time and know-how to manage the time, you will be able to increase your performance and productivity in the long run.
Delivering work on time will need much effort if you do not complete them until the last minute and you will need to make more effort to deliver it in the limited time. If you do not know how much time you need until the deadline, you will have problems during the week. This situation will cause to make more effort than the planned method. When you plan your week and manage the time successfully, you will not need to struggle harder. You can easily finish your tasks in a determined time. If you need more tips about how to plan a week and manage time, you can follow the article and learn more information on the tips that we shared with you.
Improving Self Discipline & Confidence
When we do things regularly, they become part of our lives and become our habits as well. If we get used to living a planned life, we will be able to improve our self-discipline and confidence at the same time because planned life will be something that we got used to. If you would like to make your success your habit, you need to learn how to manage life and how you can handle your obligations at the same time. In this way, you will be able to increase your confidence while you are improving your self-discipline. This situation will also directly affect your performance and productivity.
Top Tips to Having A Work Life-Balance by Time Splitting
As you can see above, time management is a requirement more than a need for almost all people in the world. If you would like to learn more about time management, we have some tips for you which may make your week easier than before. Let’s look at what you need to know about time management!
- You can create a “To-Do” list daily, weekly, and monthly to see the following obligations that you are going to have in the determined time.
- When you have a task, project, work, or anything about your occupation, you should know how much time you need before you plan.
- You should never forget to add the time where you are going to rest, spare time for yourself, your friends and family, and the activities that you are going to do.
- You should check the lists that you created every day. If you have to change something, you should never forget to do that daily.
- You should decide on your priorities while you are creating your lists. After you add them, you can specify your other needs.
- You should remember that when you do multiple works at the same time, it can directly affect your performance and productivity. If you would like to avoid mistakes and stress, you should never do multiple tasks at the same time.
- You should always remember that humans need a break. You must add the break time that you are going to have between working times.
How to Improve My Time Management Skills and Focus?
Some tips might instantly help you to improve your time management skills and focus. If you would like to have a more planned and less stressful life, you can look at the tips that we shared with you below.
- Know what you spend time doing during the day and write them down.
- Categorize the day according to your vital needs like sleeping and eating.
- Do not add multitask on the list that you are going to create.
- Say no to unexpected invitations if you have a responsibility.
- Know when you are going to have your personal time.
- Check your lists daily and make changes if you need to add or erase something.
- Get some help from the mobile applications which can remind you of your tasks.
- Be patient and determined on your plans.
What is the secret of time management?
How can time management reduce stress?
What is the best time management software?
The most preferred time management app: Todoist
For those who are working with a group or team: Trello
For those who would like to manage personal life: TimeTree
How to split your time to balance work, self-study, and life?
1. Start to make a list of your priorities.
2. Determine the time for your personal life and activities.
3. Write down the plans daily and weekly.
4. Make notes regularly.
5. Be sure about the success of your plan.
6. Be loyal to your schedule.
Originally posted on November 23, 2021 @ 7:36 pm